CBD Isolate: What It Is and How Does It Work?
CBD isolate is easily one of the hottest products in the CBD industry today. Buying CBD isolate means that you’re getting a lot of CBD for a very affordable price – and as you’re about to learn, CBD isolate may be the most useful and versatile CBD product that exists. Just about every high-quality CBD brand in the world now offers CBD isolate, and you’re really missing out if you haven’t tried it yet. So, what is CBD isolate, and why do people buy it? What can you do with it? We’ll hit all of the high points in this intro.
Disclaimer- Be sure to see your doctor before you start any supplemental regiment. CBD has be found to be safe but consult your doctor or heath professional first. We are not health professionals and do not claim to be. Use this information at your own risk.
What Is CBD Isolate?
CBD isolate is a white crystalline powder consisting almost entirely of CBD. It’s created through a lengthy process of filtering and refinement. Raw hemp extract is a complex substance that’s full of various compounds. At the most, the CBD content of hemp extract is around 20 percent. Aside from CBD, some of the other compounds in hemp extract include terpenes, other cannabinoids, plant waxes and chlorophyll. To remove the extraneous compounds and get the 20 percent that you actually want requires washing the hemp extract with solvents, filtering, fractional distillation and more.
For the consumer, though, CBD isolate is actually quite affordable for the amount of CBD that it contains. The reason why it’s so affordable is because it’s a key ingredient in many of the CBD products that exist. Products like CBD gummies, CBD capsules, CBD creams and even many CBD oils use CBD isolate rather than full-spectrum hemp extract. That’s because using CBD isolate makes it possible to create a product with no THC and because it allows for finer control over the amount of CBD in the final product. Since companies need CBD isolate, they’re already producing it in mass quantities. Selling the isolate to consumers doesn’t incur any added production expenses.
Why Do People Buy CBD Isolate?
If you’re used to buying standard CBD oil, you might be wondering what the selling points for CBD isolate are. You already use a CBD product that comes in a convenient bottle with a dropper that makes dosing easy. Why would you bother using CBD any other way? These are just a few of the reasons why people buy CBD isolate even though it might not be as convenient as bottled CBD oil.
- It’s the purest form of CBD available. If you like the idea of using a CBD product with absolutely no additives and no other substances that a lab can detect, CBD isolate is what you want.
- If you have a milligram scale, it’s easy to give yourself a daily dose that’s consistent and precise. CBD isolate is over 99-percent pure, so if you weigh out 50 mg of CBD isolate, you know that you’re getting almost exactly 50 mg of CBD.
- No matter how much CBD isolate you use, you can be extremely confident that a drug test will never flag you as a THC user. CBD isolate contains no THC that a laboratory can detect.
- CBD isolate makes it possible for you to add CBD to virtually anything. CBD is huge these days, and you’ve probably noticed that companies are adding it to a wide variety of different products. You can buy CBD-infused beverages, lotions, pain balms, cosmetics and more – and some of those products are quite expensive. With CBD isolate, you can make your own CBD products at a fraction of the cost.
What Can You Do With CBD Isolate?
Now that you know what CBD isolate is and why so many people are buying it, let’s talk a bit about what you can do with it. CBD isolate doesn’t come with a convenient dropper for dosing like CBD oil does. How do you actually use it? We’ll help you get started with a quick primer.
- You can take CBD isolate orally without mixing it. After weighing out your desired portion, simply swallow the CBD isolate with a glass of water. Alternatively, you can hold the CBD isolate under your tongue for faster absorption. CBD isolate is extremely easy to take orally because it is almost flavorless. If you don’t like going through the work of weighing your dose each time you use it, you can also weigh out several doses at once and put the CBD isolate into capsules.
- You can add CBD isolate to any food or drink by mixing the powder with a liquid or by sprinkling it over a finished meal. For example, you might enjoy adding a pinch of CBD isolate to your blender when making your morning smoothie. You can also add it to a bottle of water. CBD is fat soluble, though, so it may not dissolve easily unless you’re mixing it with something that contains oil. Salad dressing, for instance, works extremely well.
- You can add CBD isolate to your favorite lotion, sunscreen or other cosmetic product. It’s extremely common for topical products to contain moisturizing oils. Since CBD isolate is fat soluble, it’ll mix readily with those products. Just take your favorite bottle of lotion, remove the cap and dump in the desired quantity of CBD isolate. Shake the bottle thoroughly to dissolve the CBD isolate and distribute it evenly throughout the product.
- You can inhale CBD isolate by putting it in a vaporizer designed for oily or runny concentrates. To vape CBD isolate, you should ideally have a vaporizer with a cup-shaped oven that helps to prevent the powdery material from falling out. Set the vaporizer to its lowest temperature and inhale deeply. Remember that CBD isolate is almost pure CBD, making it vastly different from a CBD e-liquid or pre-filled vape cartridge. After taking a puff, wait several minutes to gauge how you feel before puffing again.
- You can make your own CBD oil. You might do this, for instance, because you’re not happy with the fatty acid profiles of the existing commercial CBD oils and would rather use a different type of oil as a base. Put oil in a glass bottle and use a funnel to add the desired amount of CBD isolate. Close the bottle and give it a good shake. Now, you’ve got a bottle of home-made CBD oil – and you know exactly what’s in it.
As you’ve learned from reading this article, CBD isolate isn’t just one of the most affordable CBD products on the market for the amount of CBD you get – it’s also incredibly useful. Give CBD isolate a try; you may find that it becomes an important part of your daily routine.